Starting bussiness. Need help!!

I am currently a stay at home mom. I am looking to make a little extra cash. I am thinking of starting a "Home & Pet Service" bussiness in my area. I would be offering house cleaning, pet sitting, dog walking, and dog bathing/nail clipping services. Only problem is, I have no idea how or where to get started! Any ideas? Suggestions? Does this sound like something people would even be looking for? Give me your ideas and feedback. If someone in your neighborhood offered this service would you be interested?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 3:11 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• visit your local annex and see what link of business license you will need. advertise at the vets offices or local stores or parks. i know im always looking for a pet sitter for when we go out of town but we dont have one in our county.. also in the county over they have one of those traveling dog washes..so cool.. you just call them and the come to the door and wash the dog in the car.. but make sure you also ask for rabies info on all pets to insure yourself. you may also be able to work a deal with a pet home or humane society where you can do a free wash on their open house days then give them the funds or just do for free and your name out there .. and ya dog walking would be great for those business workers gone all the time!.. good luck!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:26 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I would!
    Anonymous

• There are a lot of things you have to consider when you start a business. One of them is the market. The government keeps stats on how well (or not) certain industries are doing. Do a search online and type "how big is the pet industry" into the search engine and the government's website should be one of the top ones that comes up. I think it's through the department of labor, but I'm not 100% sure.

There's actually more to consider than I have room for here. I left you an invite to my business group in your chatterbox. We have forums for business owners and advertising, among other things. We have a lot of business articles you can read, too. Our most active members are already business owners or are in the start-up phase, so we're in the same boat as you, and we're willing to help.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:24 PM on May. 14, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Yes, those are great ideas, not too much overhead. You can later add employees if your business gets big enough. I have been working at home for 4 years, I help families start a Plan B. Don't wait til it is too late and a family member has lost their job. Work at home jobs and businesses have great tax benefits too.
    MarieEvelyn

Answer by MarieEvelyn at 7:47 PM on May. 15, 2010