So Hungry, always grazing on food. whats going on???

Ok so i am breastfeeding so i think this might have something to do with it but I have been so hungry lately, all i wanna do is eat. Does anyone have this probem when BF-ing?? I dont know what to do, I don't wanna gain weight!! Whats some good filling healthy snacks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Go to google and type in superfoods to get some ideas. It helps me to eat frozen foods like blueberries, grapes, peaches, and pineapple. You can make your own and it's good for you and not a lot of calories. Being frozen makes me eat less. I also make popscicles. Popcorn without butter is good. You can get used to it or use other spices. You can make it in a hot air popper or pan on the stove, not microwave.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:20 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Im too. i m still BF and constently need to eat:) i m not watching my diet right i eat choclate chip cokies, bananas, pudding, cereals, whatever crosses my mind and find in my refregireator. u can eat as a snack baby carottes which i tried but satisfied with it, fruits instead of chocolate, cereals, oat meal. GL
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 3:22 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I have been grazing on a cut up cucumber and cherry tomatoes for hours now. I love the crunch of the cucumber and I know its low on calories.
    Anonymous

• Fresh fruits, veggies, and a nice cruchy granola mix/bar make great snacks, and they can be very filling. I'm constantly either eating or drinking water. Sometimes we translate thirst into a "hungry" feeling, so you can drink some water or something before snacking if you want and then wait about 15-20 minutes and see how you feel. I also love wheat crackers; they are my favorite snack when I'm pumping. Dried fruit is also good- I like dried cherries.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:04 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Yes my appetite is huge and I am feeding a 2 year old still. I don't put on weight.

I start my day either with a huge banana smoothie - 10-15 bananas blended with water and romaina lettuce or I have one of my favouite things right now porridge - my porridge though doesn't have porridge oats. It is 3 dates, 3 bananas and 3 apples all blended together with a pinch of cinamon. I usually make a double batch and my son and I have it for breakfast. Yummy.

Just try to have big meals. You really do need the calories.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:19 PM on May. 14, 2010