We are cutting down a tree next month in our backyard because if we don't it is going to dameage our house or the neighbors. The neighbors next door rent we own the thing is we told her this and she said well that is fine, but it better not damage our pool or it is going on homeowners

it is a 4 foot blowup pool she is putting it up as we speak we told her 2 weeks ago about the tree, but she said she isn't waiting for us to cut down the tree cause it needs to get warm. It has been in the 60's here. A couple 80's. The thing is we can't afford it until next month so I am going to write her landlord a letter since I don't know his phone number only his address. What should I write to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell him exactly what is going on. He will tell you that she's responsible for her own pool since she's a renter. If she has renter's insurance she'll be fine. If damage is done to his property that's another story.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:05 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Just let him know you will be cutting down a tree that impacts his property, and that you are concerned about the inflatable pool his tenants have.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:09 PM on May. 14, 2010

• well I told her about it and she is being a bi*** about it and said I better not damage there pool or it is going on homeowners should I mention that she said that?
    Anonymous

• I would tell him what gdiamante said but also that you have talked to his tenant and you are receiving some resistance from her. Also that you are trying to do the right thing for his property as well as your own and you need to ask for his influence to make sure the area is secure to the workers can get their job done right and quickly, for it to be as hassle free as possible.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:18 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Even if it is a ridiculous thing to worry about on her part, its HERS, not yours to damage. If the tree is YOURS and YOU are the one having it taken down, it should not impact her. It was courteous of you to give her a heads up, but really it shouldnt affect her. I completely understand the situation and yes, its crappy that she cant be mature about it. Just let the landlords know whats going on and leave it at that.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:22 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Well, she's not wrong in saying that you will have to pay for it (or your homeowner's) if you damage it. BUT...she could handle it much better than she is. Honestly, she's renting, I wouldn't have gone to her to begin with; I'd have gone straight to the owner. Just write him a letter stating that you are removing a tree, and that while it shouldn't have any effect on him or his tenant, you wanted to let him know. I wouldn't mention the tenant at all, as he can't control how she behaves. I am sure, though, that if you are using a professional tree service to remove it, there shouldn't be an issue. They are generally very careful and thorough to make sure they don't damage anything.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:28 PM on May. 14, 2010

OP HERE....This is a pretty big tree that it would damage if not done right. He already said he will have to do the one branch in her yard because it is tangled in her tree.
    Anonymous

• You have got to be kidding me.... a 4 ft pool??? How much can that thing even cost. If I was an adjuster I would lol my butt off if some one made such a horribly petty claim. It isnt like an in ground pool with pump... it is a pool you cant even swim in. Buy her another one if it gets ruined. Besides... how could you ruin it??? If you are hiring an actual arborist they will not damage surround things... even a kiddy pool.

Anonymous

• No need to tell him she's being bitchy. Just mention the pool. It could be that she's violating her lease with it.

And if there IS damage, it actually goes against the insurance of the company doing the work. Not yours.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:51 PM on May. 14, 2010

• It doesn't matter if it is a cheap pool or not.. It's her pool and her yard.. You removing a tree should not cause any damage to her property.. Period.. It's almost as if you are saying "it's a big tree and it will probably damage her pool and/or yard, but it would be her fault because I warned her".. Serioulsy, it's YOUR tree.. Yeah, she was being a little bitchy, so what? Are you serioulsy considering tatteling on her to the landlord? I also don't understand why she should have to wait to put up a pool in HER yard because you have decided to cut down YOUR tree.. I must be missing something..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 5:08 PM on May. 14, 2010