Switching my son from formula to cow's milk...

I've been adding whole milk to his bottles, he typically will drink an 8oz bottle, so I've been giving him 6oz of formula and 2oz of whole milk...my question is...will it hurt him if I give him just 2oz of whole milk alone, without formula in it? What's the difference if it's mixed, or separate? By the way, he's 11 months old, and he's done fine with the whole milk in his formula...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It wont hurt him. People freak out if you give it to them before 1. I say 11 months is ok...but thats just me. It might work better than mixing them. He might prefer just milk to it being mixed with formula. Start with small amounts like an oz and then you can work your way up and he becomes more tolerable to it.
    Anonymous

• mixing it gives their system the time to adjust to breaking down those proteins in milk
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:47 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Dairy is an allergy trigger food that should not be introduced before age 1.

Now is a great time to introduce a sippy cup with water.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 AM on May. 15, 2010