5 year old with dark circles under her eyes...

My 5 year old daughter has always had dark circles under her eyes. we have her on vitamins but its not helping.... Any advice as to what causes this and how I can help it? natural remedies perfered. :)

OliveMyLoves

Asked by OliveMyLoves at 4:51 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Health

• Is she sleeping okay? Does she have allergies? Is she anemic? Allergies and anemia can cause dark circles under the eyes. The fixes to those are pretty simple and self explanatory ;) If she's not sleeping well-nightmares, frequent waking, etc-you can try to find out what it is and fix it there.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:54 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My son is 6 and has always had dark circles. We do the vitamins and he is a VERY good eater! He likes his veggies and fruits...some meat. His father also has this and had it when he was a kid too. I think my sons is genetic and nothing can "fix" it.

Dr agrees :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:53 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I am allergic to soooo much. And come spring, summer and fall the dark circles are at their worst. Plus I am fair skinned, just a great combo. And there is nothing that can be done to change it in my case.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:53 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Too much fat in the diet or not enough sleep.
    Anonymous

• Allergies are a big culprit - my kids all have varying degrees of dark circles, they all have seasonal allergies that differ in severity.
    Anonymous

• The tissue under the eyes is very thin, so you can see the blood vessels there better than most other places on the body, which can be why she appears to have the dark circles.

Other causes can be allergies, lack of quality sleep (not neccessarily a lack of sleep, which can also be a culprit), and, of course, illness and/or injury.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for your answers they were very helpful.
    OliveMyLoves

Answer by OliveMyLoves at 7:01 AM on May. 19, 2010