question about potty ring you can fold

I recently bought the disney foldable potty ring which can be folded up into fours. I love how it is small enough to fit in my purse...but when I attempted to put in on a public toilet today, it didnt fit well at all and I'm also a bit nervous that it only has the skid-proof bottom, nothing to snap onto the toilet. But anyone have this type of ring? Any problems? Any good reviews? worth it?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:59 PM on May. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't use any of that. When we use the public toilet I hold my son and he goes without any inconvenients.
    Anonymous

• Mine wasn't Disney, but we had the same problem. We had to scoot it to the front of the public toilet usually. Sometimes, it just wouldn't fit. Then, I'd still kind of hold my kid up because then it seemed flimsy with no support on the back.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:16 PM on May. 14, 2010

• my dds grandparents bought one for their house. my dd really liked it. it never gave us any problems. it never slipped off or anything. i never used it in a public restroom. i would be worried about all the germs on it and it being in my purse.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:23 PM on May. 14, 2010

• It never worked well for us. I ended up buying large plastic covers for the toilet -- they have cartoon characters and I found them at Target.
    atltrainer

Answer by atltrainer at 7:18 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I looked into those and read too many people's experiences of having them slip off or pinch their kids' behinds. In the early days we have lugged around the regular old potty ring -- both our girls trained young and it was essential. It doesn't last forever. Our first daughter started using the big toilet at home by her own demand, so then of course we stopped bringing it in public. Our little one isn't there yet, so we bring the smaller of our two rings for home -- and disinfectant wipes. I just wipe it down and carry it around in a beach bag kind of thing. A bit of a chore I guess, but honestly it takes up the same amount of room as the diaper-changing necessities, and it makes her happily venture into any public restroom...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:19 PM on May. 14, 2010