Question for a famiy of 8 (6 kids) some in car seat what kind of vehical u drive that can hold everybody?

I need a new vehicle and just wanted some options.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 5:17 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• we have a total of 7 and we drive an expedition.
    Anonymous

• My kia sadona seats 7, 4 of which can be carseats.
    Anonymous

• what do shoes have to do with the question?
    Anonymous

• I was thinking the same thing but u beat me to the questions.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:38 PM on May. 14, 2010

• There are some Expeditions that seat 8 ... eddie bauer editions I think ... bench seat in the middle and back
    Anonymous

• when we had 8 in the family we drove a full size van that seated 8 people.. now we have 10 and we have a 15 passenger.
    Anonymous

• Expedition or a van. Even most of the cars with a 3rd seat only hold 7.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:42 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I have driven Suburbans, Expeditions a mini van and now driving an Armada, while they all have 8 seatbelts they don't really seat 8 people. Have you all tried to put 3 people in the rear seat of one of those vehicles? Almost impossible and certainly could not put three carseats in the back. I would recommend a full size van, because I think that is the only thing is going to comfortably seat 8 people. We are a family of six and quite often have an extra person riding with us and I just don't even attempt to put somebody in the middle third row seat even though there is a seatbelt for it.

Anon 541 I believe you are thinking the Chevy Traverse commercial. The traverse cannot seat nine, it only comes with a center console in the front, no bench seat offered in the front. You might be thinking of the Suburban or Tahoe they are available with the bench seat up front.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:59 PM on May. 14, 2010

• 9 passenger Suburban, gets great gas milage for a big car and is super comfy with lots of space. I drove one with 8 big teenagers and all their gear on a 10 hour one way road trip with no complaints about leg cramps, being smooshed or not having space. It got super gas milage, about 21 miles per gallon and we made lots of stops. I have the truck version (Silverado) of the Suburban I drove and I can tell you, I loved it until dear hubby didn't put oil in it when he took it on a long trip and blew my engine.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 10:13 AM on May. 15, 2010

• My cousin and her husband have 7 kids (one is old enough to drive and has his own car) and they drove a Suburban until it died and then purchased a full sized conversion van. They have 3 in carseats, too. Can't say those vehicles are the best on gas mileage, but I can't think of any other vehicle big enough that is.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:00 PM on May. 15, 2010