How may I address my 5yr. old boys grinding his teeth when he sleeps. I researched the issue and found a juice that supposedly works, but I cannot recall. Anyone have other remedies?

DADDIO1

Asked by DADDIO1 at 5:29 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get him to a dentist and get him a night guard made.
    Anonymous

• Adults and children who grind their teeth during sleep are undergoing stress. Like anon 5:31 says: "look into a night guard and dentistry, also inform the your peds doc and go from there. GL and BW !!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:37 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My dd did this when she was about that age. The dentist said that it is not a big deal, and that many children do this around the time that they start to lose their baby teeth. She is 6.5 now, and she no longer does it.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 5:55 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Just went to the dentist a few days ago and dentist told me my 4 year old does, he can tell by looking at her teeth. He was not concerned and said that she should stop at some point. Nothing to worry about right now.

But I would still want to have a dentist look and tell me.
    Anonymous

• Ask your dentist. I grind my teeth and have a dentist made mouth guard! Best thing I had made for me.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:49 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I told the dentist about my sons teeth grinding and she said it was a medical issue. It is typically stress and they do outgrow it. My son is almost 6 and it was much worse when he was 4 and the first few months after turning 5.
    Anonymous