NOOOOO, not his glasses! Has this happened to you?

Son just called me from a theme park. He was on a roller coaster ride and his glasses fell off and the attendants cant find them. I guess I will call the theme parks lost and found. They are on a school outing so there isnt much I can do from here. To think this am, he forgot his cell phone and I was going to go back home and get it for him but changed my mind. UGH!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• This is why my parents always bought those 2 for $ deals! Call his eye doctor and see if they can make him an emergency pair just in case those broke. THEN buy a strap to hold them on for times like this.
    Anonymous

• Op here,,,cant believe I didnt think about that, this is a park with super fast rides, not like a Disney park or something. Just called their lost and found and they will attempt to locate them once the park closes today. But, they probably broke huh? Time to call in for another pair of glasses,,,
    Anonymous

• bummer
    Anonymous

• Yeah, that's kind of a given when you wear glasses. I have worn glasses for the past 35 years annd I have the sense to carry a glasses case with me as do my sons (who have worn glasses since they were each 10) and when we go on roller coasters we put them in the case and make sure they are secured in a back poket OR left with the ride attendant. Live and learn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I think its time to talk about contact lenses Mom! I wore my glasses to a theme park (I usually wear contacts) and they broke on a little kid ride. Seriously here I am looking like a fool on a flying Wiggles ride with my four year old and craccccck something flew through the sky and cracked them. It sucked. I felt like crying all day. I feel bad for your son. Its not like he did it on purpose and don't yell at him because it probably ruined what was supposed to be a good day anyway. Just get them replaced and think about some contacts. They're inexpensive and great. I bet your eye doctor would give him a free pair to try them out. Last time I went in my doctor gave me six pairs for free from different brands to try what I liked the most. I wore the free ones for a year!!!
    Anonymous

• anon 4:02. I didnt yell at him cause I knew he felt bad enough about loosing them. I called him back on his sisters phone and told him it was going to be ok. Not to worry, I would make an appt on Monday. Plus I felt responsible for not thinking ahead. I could have possibly stopped it from happening. Thanks for the contact lens idea, I will ask him what he thinks..thanks ladies
    Anonymous

• Wow good thing you didnt get him hios cell phone! That may have been lost too!! Looks like you may have to get him a new pair? cause even if they DO fine them, it may be broken?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 17, 2010

• They ALWAYSt4ll you at theme parks to secured eye glasses, hats, etc or leave them in the cubbies provided.

I hope you find them.
    Anonymous

• When I was in elementary school, I once buried my glasses in the sand in the school playground. Of course I forgot exactly where I'd buried it (I was only 6). My mom and I spent a looong time digging through the sand to find those darn glasses!!!
    Anonymous