A family of 5

I was wonderin how much you would get with a family of 5 on food stamps.??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on May. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• It depends on the income but my friend has a family of five and gets over $700

Answer by admckenzie at 6:00 PM on May. 14, 2010

• It depends on your income, if either of you pays out Child Support, your rent/mortgage amount, your utilities. There's not one set amount for all families of 5.
    Anonymous

• I have a family of three and get $526 a month..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:23 PM on May. 14, 2010

• depends on the income. we area family of six and get 393.
    Anonymous

• Well I have a family of 7 and I got $0. It varies according to income. We have too much income so we get none.
    Anonymous

• Were do you live?
    we are a family of 4 and get 200 a month
    Anonymous

• It just depends on income and how much your bills are varies from family to family. You wouldn't even get and estimate until you apply and go through the income and family details with a case worker. My family doesn't get a set amount always. We aren't even on them all the time. Most recently bringing in $1400 a month for my family of 4 we got $169 per month. At one point we earned a bit more and got $86 per month. Its supposed to fill the gap that you just in no way can fill to pay the bills that are nessesites and afford food for your family. Its supposed to be there as kind of a crutch not as a source of income nessesarily. Also I'm sure it varies from state to state. Good Luck :)
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 7:48 PM on May. 14, 2010

• It will vary from state to state and even from county to county. There are also a number of variables to consider, like income, bills, if anyone has a disability, if you are migrant workers, etc.
    Anonymous

• Yup varies from state to state.

We are a family of 5 and get a little under $700.
    Anonymous

• I live in CO.
    Anonymous