Boy urinating..

My best friend's 9 year old son urinates all over his room.. He just stands there and does it, even though the bathroom is not even 5 feet away from his room.. He does it during the day and at night.. They have had to rip the carpet out of his bedroom because of the smell.. He has done this for a long time and shows no sign of stopping..
He IS in therapy, so there is no need to suggest it..
Has anyone else had a child who did/does this? If so, why did they do it and how did you stop it?
Please do not reply and suggest that they spank or hit the kid.. And please keep in mind, I am asking people who have personal knowledge on this subject.. Thank you..

Ren_Ren

Asked by Ren_Ren at 6:19 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• That is a great idea, I will suggest it to her.. I don't suppose they knew WHY he was doing it?
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 8:13 AM on May. 17, 2010

• I'd call the doctor then possibly call a mental health doctor. He has some clear issues. There has to be a reason he does that. Many times it's an anger issue but it could be other reasons. I agree hitting is out of the question

Answer by admckenzie at 6:21 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I have suggested that it may be a passive aggresive thing.. A way for him to get back at his parents or siblings for something.. They don't agree, so I was wondering if it could be something else? I don't think it's a medical condition because he only does it in his room..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 6:25 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My sister has one of her 5 who does this too... weird. He's also autistic, and has some other odd behaviors though. If you come up with any suggestions, let me know! She too, is desperate!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:37 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I was thinking autism too obby!
    Anonymous

• I know someone who's son used to do this. They had to take out his carpet as well. They also took everything out of his room except his mattress. EVERYTHING. Dresser, clothes, toys, tv, games, door, they only left the mattress with the sheet, pillow and blanket. He had to get his clothes from a basket in the living room and change in the bedroom. They told him when he stops and can go a certain amount of time without doing it, he can have his stuff back. They also made him clean the pee mess. Everyday, he would pee in the closet and in the corners of his room and every day he would have to mop it up. Eventually he got sick of having nothing in his room and not having access to his stuff out of the room and he stopped. He was also in therapy.
    Anonymous