Ok I need some quick advice ASAP. My friend recently lost a relative and blames god for everything. I personally dont think god is to blame for deaths or negitivity, But what should I say?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 6:41 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would tell her that only God is able to see everything and everyone who is involved in any situation. Part of our Christian walk is learning to trust that God controls the bad as well as the good, and that He means it all for our good and His glory. I would tell her that I understand that she cannot see the possibility just now that God could have allowed this for any worthwhile purpose. If you can share with her some time in your own life where you doubted that God meant what appeared to be bad for good, then you could tell her about that time. It is always best to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to give you the right words to speak into any situation such as the one you describe. There's a verse in Acts that says when we need the right words, God will give them to us. In the meantime, you can hug your friend and tell her you want to say encouraging words to her, even though you may not yet know what they are.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:08 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Right now she is probably going through the grieving process and you can NOT tell her what you think she SHOULD believe.

Give her time, lots of time, then if you want to talk to her you may, but I would be super sensitive and remember that she does not have to believe what you believe.
    Anonymous

• God created life AND death,so in a way,He is to blame.
    Anonymous

• At this point nothing. They're angry and grieving. Just be there to listen and pray for her.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:44 PM on May. 14, 2010

• tell her to get a grip on herself. everyone knows we are born and then we die. no one is to live forever.. she's a stupid woman !
    Anonymous

• it's ok to be angry with God. Angry that he didn't prevent it, heal them, let them suffer, etc. I have a good friend who lost a friend in a car crash and blamed God for years... finally she has come around and has started to trust God again. PEople need time to grieve, and God can handle her anger. Just be there to support her.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 6:48 PM on May. 14, 2010

• wow anon :46 lol chill
    ur belief of God and hers may be different
    if God is responsible for life and death let her Be

if you praise god when good happens why not be upset when bad happens...leave her alone on that topic and be there to support her.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:48 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Don't say anything. She doesn't sound like she's wanting to hear anything right now. God will send the right messenger with the right words. Just love her and be supportive. She has to work through this herself. There are levels of grief we all must go through.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:50 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Just let her vent. Do not put up with anyone saying "Gods will" type stuff to her right now. Simply let people know that she is going through a normal grieving process and please do not say anything about God having any part in it right now. That includes them being an angel or God called them home etc. That will only make her even more angry. Anger is an important part of the parts of grieving and all you can and should do is listen.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:58 PM on May. 14, 2010

• be there for her and pray for her.... most of all ... be her listening ears . :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:04 PM on May. 14, 2010