How do you deal with a family member who is preoccupied with you uterus?

I have some family who think it's ok to tell my sister and I that she should never have kids and I shouldn't even have the one I have, let alone more?
These family members have a poor view of our mother and think we will turn out like she did and we will just put our kid through what she did to us.
I am married, have been for 4 years (They don't like my husband, still SWAER he is either with me to get a green card or going to kidnap me and make me a sex slave overseas, yes, I have been told this MANY times), a SAHM (another black mark against me because SAHMs are worse than trash in my family!), never asked my family for anything. We are taking care of DD and she is a happy, healthy, advanced little girl!
We do not have "normal" goals though. Our goal is not to live the "keep up with the JOnes" life.
We want a nice family and a nice life, but I am a little "crunchy" (full term BF, Cloth diaper, homeschool, etc) and that is not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• not normal in my family.

How would you respond to the constant comments about what is and isn't going on in my uterus?
    Anonymous

• tell them it's none of their business and i will have as many kids as we please because it's our choice, not theirs. and in the future i would apretiate if they would keep thier opinions to themselves.
    mommy them and tell them if they dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:01 PM on May. 14, 2010

• i would put my foot down and let them all know that you love them, but you are an adult. i would not hesitate to tell them that they are offending you. if that does not stop the remarks, then i would draw a line. i would tell them that they are welcome to contact you or come to your house when they can respect your decisions, even if they don't agree.
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 7:01 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Oh, this is easy. This isn't family. They're people you happen to share a gene pool with.

Stop associating with them. You will find you enjoy holidays a lot more when you get the toxic folks out of your life...and your kids honestly won't know the difference.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:11 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Why do you even speak with these people????

I think I would simply avoid them.
    Anonymous

• I agree with pp, why are you even talking to them? I would tell them to mind their own business and if they don't you won't include them in your life anymore.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 8:12 PM on May. 14, 2010

• stop all contact with the negative people. when they call tell them until you get a letter apologizing for all the cruel things, you want them to leave you alone. good luck and sorry they are like that.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:41 PM on May. 14, 2010

• orrrr lol you could start messing with them. I particularly liked the "kidnap me and take me overseas to be a sex slave" I would have to mess with people as wacked out as that. just for my own entertainment lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:42 PM on May. 14, 2010

• sounds like you and your DH lucked out in the gene pool! If he is as frustrated as you, together take a stand and just tell everyone to mind their own business or they won't have contact. They don't sound like they are able to be reasoned with, all you can do is tell them shut their mouths and prove to them over and over again that not only are you worthy, but that you DH is damn lucky to have found you, and for him the same. Prove to his family that you are a great Mom and wife, they may never say it to you, but in the years to come, they will see you are a good person. Prove to your family that Dh loves you and is here for the long haul. Yes it takes years, but hey that's how you planning to spend your life anyway!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:50 PM on May. 14, 2010

• This is the OP, his family is wonderful, they love me and accepted me from day 1! And they love our daughter and were pressing us when we would have another right away! They wondered why it took 2 years in the first place to have her!
    My family is the problem, they are horrible, but I was raised that family is family and you have to accept them (obviously doen't apply to me though!)
    Anonymous