How much formula does your almost 10 month old drink?

My little munchkin is such a piglet! She has been on a 3 hour feeding schedule since she was born and has never let me change it. Now she is eating 3 stage 3 meals a day, snacks twice a day, and we changed her bottles to 3 8-ounce bottles a day and one 4-ounce if she wakes up at night. She also gets one bottle of water or juice a day. She is still fussing wanting to eat a bottle every 3 hours though!!! I really dont think she is hungry, I think it may be just such a habit now. Is 28 ounces of formula enough a day with everything else?

Cass052005

Asked by Cass052005 at 8:03 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, it's not. A baby that age is supposed to be taking in a minimum of 32 oz of formula per day. The formula is more important than the solids yet at this age too. If she wants to drink more formula, let her. Mine were all drinking 5 bottles or sippies, 8 oz, per day, at that age.
    Anonymous

• Thanks. I didn't think it was, but that is what I get for reading! lol. I didn't remember what my son was eating at that age, but I thought it seemed like he was still drinking more bottles than he was eating food. But in "What to Expect The First Year" it said they should be drinking 3-4 bottles a day and eating solids and even said to move them from baby food to just table food cut up in small pieces. I didn't quite feel comfortable with it but I thought I would try it and see how it went. I guess I should just follow my gut!
    Cass052005

Answer by Cass052005 at 8:54 PM on May. 14, 2010

• my dd is 11 months. she started to take 8 oz bottles around 9 or 10 months of age. she takes 4 bottles. here is her schedule:

wakes at 7, takes 8 0z bottle at 7:30 am
    oatmeal w/ splash of formula and splash of fruit at 8 am
    11 am takes another 8oz bottle
    12 noon takes full fruit for lunch
    2:30 ish takes another 8 oz bottle
    5 pm takes veggie stage 2 or 3 depending on flavor i have. she also eats table food (1/2 cup total regardless of what she is eatiting)
    then her bedtime bottle of 8 oz at 7 pm :)

she occasionally will snack in between bottles. i give her the gerber puffs, biscuits, baby mum mums, or yogurt melts.
    Mommytobe618

Answer by Mommytobe618 at 8:54 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My son takes 16 to 24 oz of formula a day at 10 months. My doctor said it was perfect if hes eating solids. Its a maximum of 32oz a day. Not a minumum. Google it. They can start to drop with age. I am in a mommy group of ten month olds and they all drink in the lower 20s.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on May. 15, 2010

• My son really isn't interested in formula. It's not such a big deal at this point. he has about 18 ounces a day and the doc said not to worry. If he's eating solids well, a wide variety of foods, growing, moving, and not showing any signs of distress, it's not something to worry about,it's normal. I believe the recommended oz scale is 16 to 30oz? Ive never heard that 32oz was the minumum. That sounds like alot with the solids...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on May. 15, 2010

• My son is also ten months and eats a ton of solids. He eats what we eat and hes a hungry boy..lol..He only has 4 bottles a day. 3 5oz bottles and a 7oz before bed. My doctor told me the most he should have is 32 and if hes eating a wide varied healthy diet and growing well there isnt a minimum amount really. As long as they are consuming some. I am also in a play group of ten month olds and just asked and the one that drinks the most is a boy who is 11 months and doesnt eat solids (dont ask me why). He drinks 30oz of formula. The rest are between 12oz and there. Your lil guy sounds perfect to me.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:12 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I agree with the last posters. Your baby sounds fine. And 32oz minimum? I dont think so? I believe its 16oz.
    Anonymous