Why would anyone do this to their son?

There are some weird people on here and other sites that enjoy cross dressing their children, especially when they wanted a daughter and did not get one. I understand doing it just once as a baby, but some of these kids in the posts are in their tweens and the mother presist on making them into girls. What is the point of this? I mean why dress them like that and make them look likte girls when no matter how beautiful you make him, he is still a he, that can't change. You can give them hormones so he can develop as female but you are still just probably harming his health and no amount of this will replace the Y chromoson with an X. Some of these posts had very disturbing videos and pictures in which the boys looked nothing like boys and completely like girls. Now when I see a girls on the street I always ask my self, are they really girls? Someone out ther that does this, can you explain to me why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• ive never noticed anyone on here doing that or heard of anyone doing it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:23 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I've never heard of anyone making thier tween do that. Who does that? I don't think it would be right either.
    Anonymous

• i think if a teen did that it would be their choice.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:24 PM on May. 14, 2010

• of course if the parent had been dressing them this way since they were young they would have been influenced
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:25 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Are you watching wife swap?

If the kids are happy, or want to dress that way... What's the big deal? If the parent is FORCING it, that's different, but I have yet to meet a mom on this or any other site which has ever required their tween or teen boy to wear a dress...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:40 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My children will dress gender-appropriate unless it is as a joke. As long as they are under my roof... Boys no piercings, girls no piercing other than ears. No tattoos. No vulgar shirts. No inappropriate clothing.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:00 PM on May. 14, 2010

• SabrinaMBowen---Are you watching wife swap? ---
    If the kids are happy, or want to dress that way... What's the big deal? If the parent is FORCING it, that's different,
    Different yes, right no!! Parents are suppose to reinforce good social norms, as well as good things to be passionate about, a boy loving, wearing and having a pink room, and getting mistaken for a girl, not right and bordering on child endangerment, with kids teasing him he is at risk for hate crimes and bulling and suicide. And if they would have said no you don't like pink at age two like I did with my son who wanted to wear sissy socks because they were pretty, it would have been a one day phase. they are giving into their child wants, that are not good and have negative consequences, my DD want to go on an all beef jerky and bacon diet, should I let her? No you say, be quite and eat that roast and mash potatoes or you'll be hungry come morning. She eats.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:54 PM on May. 14, 2010

• What's the big deal if a boy LIKES pink? If that's what he likes so be it. Granted, from that Wife Swap show, he probably does like it more because that's what's been forced upon him, but I think he was being truthful when he said he liked it in the show. I don't mind long hair on boys - unless it's not kept well. The kids on that show needed to be combed, washed, and maybe trimmed to a neater "long" style, but not cut completely.
    Anonymous

• I see pix of kids from history that have long hair and wear what look like dresses to me but they are boys. So I don't think it's anything new.
    Anonymous

• I find it sad, but I will say for years my oldest boy loved purple, and nothing we did changed that, sure he took a little teasing but he persisted. What we learned later down the road is that blue looks purple and purple looks blue...he is color challenged (blind), so maybe in this boys case it just hadn't been diagnosed yet.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:30 PM on May. 17, 2010