Flexeril during pregnancy

ok i wanna know if it is ok to take flexeril (muscle relaxer) if my obgyn perscribed it to me cuz ive been havin a lotta pain down by my groin and this has been happin since i was 10 weeks prego and jus the other day it got so bad where i could hardly walk

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 8:57 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if your doctor prescribed it, it's safe... why would you ask the internet over your doctor? she knows your health better than any of us could...
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:13 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I am 35 wks 3 days pregnant and have been taking Flexeril for 2 yrs for spasms caused by a herniated disc in my lower back and 1 in my neck. My OB knew I was taking it before I was pregnant and was fine with that. I think I took it every night in the 1st trimester and 2nd, I have not needed it every night in the 3rd for some reason. I have had 8 ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy and my baby looks great. Flexeril is a catagory B drug, so it is considered safe in pregnancy. If you need it, I would take it and be assured that if your ob gave it to you that it will be safe for you and baby. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
    Anonymous