Help! Teething baby and no tylenol cuz of the recall! What do I do?

My son has 6 teeth coming in at the same time and is not feeling very well....not to mention he's had a few bad poopy diapers in a row which have left him to have some bad diaper rash. I looked and called around everywhere for some baby tylenol or motril and was informed of the recall. What can I do besides diaper cream and orajel to relieve some of the pain? I feel so bad for my little guy. =(

NatesMommy118

Asked by NatesMommy118 at 8:58 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Cold wet wash cloth. Put in the freezer for 10 to 15 mins and then let him chew on it. You can also get teethers that he can chew on.
    Anonymous

• buy the store brand...its probbly cheaper too
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 9:01 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Can't you get the store brand motrin or tylenol- all pharmacies and major stores like Meijer, Target, etc. have their own store brand of the pain relievers that are not on the recall list. Also, a wet washcloth thrown in the freezer for about 20 minutes is helpful to chew on and relieve gum pain, anything to chew on really, my DD loved anything metal too, I am sure because it was cold and hard. For the diaper rash, try to let him go without the diaper for a bit to air out the area, and then lather on the cream and change him really frequently until it clears up. I usually put on an obscene amount of cream on diaper rash but it clears up quickly. I like the Desitin Cream, not the ointment. Good luck. I hope your little one gets some relief soon!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 9:02 PM on May. 14, 2010

• u can still buy generic tylonal. it was only the brandname that was recalled. You could also try Hylands Homeopathic Teething tablets(I hear they work really well). You can probably get both those things at Walgreens or Walmart
    Anonymous

• Buy the generic tylenol..thats what the doctors are recomending.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:05 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Thank you very much! I will get some generic tylenol tomorrow first thing. We live in a small town and the nearest place that would have it i like 30 min. away.
    I pu a wet washcloth in the freezer and he is chomping on a teething bisuit right now.
    also have the Desitin cream...I put a lot on his bottom when I saw the rash.
    Thanks for the help ladies!
    NatesMommy118

Answer by NatesMommy118 at 9:08 PM on May. 14, 2010

• am i the only one who still rubs whisky on baby gums? it works and no it won't get your baby drunk or sick. just rub some of it into their gums, it'll numb them.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:11 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Take a wash cloth and wet it and throw it in the freezer for a few minutes and then let him chew on it.

I have heard (but never used) Highland teething tablets work wonders.

You can buy these mesh bags called fresh feeders and then put frozen fruit in them and let the child gnaw and chew at it without getting huge hunks.

MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:13 PM on May. 14, 2010

• hylands teething tablets
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:27 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Bioren for teething and ihles paste for rash... my life savers in those times with my baby girl ...

Good luck!
    Mommy-2-B-of-3

Answer by Mommy-2-B-of-3 at 10:51 PM on May. 14, 2010