10 1/2 month old and ice cream

Can she have ice cream? My sister mentioned something about lactose intolerant. can you please help? She is still on ONLY formula, no cow's milk is in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't. U know they do sell ice cream made out of soy, coconut, and rice. Is she lactose intolerant?? If she is the only cows milk ice cream that would be okay is McDonalds soft serve or frozen yogert.
    Anonymous

• usually they don't like to give milk to babies until they're a year old, but she's really close. I wouldn't imagine it would hurt her. My father in law gives all the babies ice cream and mountain dw after 6 months... we all hate it, but it doesn't change anything except you get a couple interesting diapers.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:07 PM on May. 14, 2010

• SOY IS HORRIBLE. google it. It's very bad and high in estrogen. babies on soy formula get about as much estrogen in one day as 5 birth control pills.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:08 PM on May. 14, 2010

• my first daughter had ice cream at 6 months lol just watch her if she has never had milk products before to see if she reacts badly to it.
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 10:36 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Dairy is an allergy trigger food and should not be introduced before age 1

Answer by rkoloms at 9:01 AM on May. 15, 2010

• my twin boys are 8 months and ive given them a few bites of ice cream before - granted it was just a few bites, but they were fine. oh and they LOVED it lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:55 PM on May. 15, 2010