Anyone success with IVF or know someone does?

My friend is trying to have a baby for the pass couple of years, but no success. she told me she's going to try IVF treatment, but the chances are between 2-30% that's so low. Anyone tried this treatment or know anything about this. I don't even know how to comfort her other than keep trying it will happen one day. It just sad to see her going thru this. Anyone has any info would be great. Thx

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:09 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Has she tried fertility drugs or is she just going straight to IVF?

If she hasn't tried drugs yet, I would go that route first. We tried for 3 years before going to see a fertility specialist. I was on Clomid for 3 months and didn't get pregnant. One month before our IVF appointment I found out I was pregnant, which I guess happens quite a bit after you've been on Clomid.

For our second, I was on Clomid for 2 months and got my HPT.

If she has tried them, well, I don't have any info on IVF, but Good Luck to her! TTC can be such a hard, depressing, long rollercoaster ride.
    Anonymous

• Friends of ours did 2 rounds of IVF and got pregnant both times. Another couple we know went through 7 rounds and either didn't get pregnant, or the baby had so many problems it didn't have a chance of living.
    Anonymous

• My aunt had two kids through IVF. But that's all the info I know.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 1:33 AM on May. 15, 2010

• My neighbors did IVF and had success on the first try. They have twins. One boy and one girl.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:05 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I did IVF. I did it and it worked! I have one wonderful little boy. I would HIGHLY Recommend her to do PGD (Pre-Genetic-Diagnosis) along with the IVF. Most IVF centers offer this. Tell her to make an appointment with their Geneticist. I tried many many years to get Pregnant and had a few early miscarriages. I found out that I basically had Bad eggs for unknown reasons (which is very common). The only way I would be able to have a successful pregnancy was to do PGD. When PGD is done, each viable embryo that survives after the sperm & egg are placed together are then tested for genetic abnormalities. I had a 24% chance that the the ONE embryo that was OK would take and it did. Thank God!!! If your friend has been unsuccessful getting pregnant she may have the same issues with her eggs. Tell her to go for it and Best wishes!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I have a 3 year old son who is the result of our first IUI ... and a 10 month old daughter who is the result of our first IVF... we are lucky and blessed. It's not an easy road to go on ... and many people are insensitive to the whole IVF thing ... It can be emotionally and physically challenging ... and all you can do is be there for her ... be a positive support person for her ... and just try to understand what she is going through.

IVF can work ... she needs as many positive influences around her as possible. Be encouraging.
    KimG1028

Answer by KimG1028 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2010