What part of sex is it that a woman on bedrest can't have?

Is it the action itself, or the seman? Because I wonder if its either of those, if we went really slow and pulled out.. if we could maybe try... or maybe I should just wait, but then we have to wait six weeks when shes born.. I'll go nuts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is the semen, the penetration, and orgasm. Prostiglandin in semen thin the cervix. Penetration can cause infection and irritation to the thinning open cervix causing it to further dilate. Orgasm causes uterine contractions. You really need to wait.
    Anonymous

• I believe it's ALL of it. The action itself can cause contractions. Semen contains oxytocin which can ripen the cervix. An orgasm causes uterine contractions. Not to mention the introduction of extra bacteria into the vagina... Too much can go wrong.
    Anonymous

• Wait now for all the reasons stated but you don't have to wait 6 weeks after.Four kids and after everyone the dr said wait till the bleeding stops .Then take it slow ,as my female ob gyn says"wrap it up ,grease it up and take a slow ride"

Anonymous

• It is mainly the orgasm. When you are on bedrest its usually because your OB is scared you will go into early labor. Been there, done that. My OB cut me and my hubby off at around 20 weeks :(
    connor12907

Answer by connor12907 at 10:39 PM on May. 14, 2010

• You can interpret this anyway you want, but I'm just going to say, you can still be sensual without having sex...remember back in the day when you would just make-out? Wasn't that fun?
    Anonymous

• BED REST MEANS RESTING *IN* BED. ON YOUR BACK NOT SITTING OR HAVING SEX.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on May. 15, 2010

• All of it. Been there done that. I feel for ya hon
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 6:40 AM on May. 15, 2010