does anyone else think their baby smells like spit?

every time i kiss my 4 month old, he always smells like spit to me. my mom cant smell it. does anyone know any tips on how to stop it? i know its natural and all that, i just dont like the smell

sstokes86

Asked by sstokes86 at 9:34 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD does have that smell sometimes but it smells like spit up. I bathe her everynight and pay extra close attention to her neck since spit up can get trapped under there. Sometimes the smell lingers on past the bath but I love giving her kisses so I push threw the smell=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:44 PM on May. 14, 2010

• he never spits up, its just a spit smell. i love kissing mine too. i just push thru it.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 11:39 PM on May. 14, 2010

• It could be spit trapped in his neck. My DD gets it in the folds of her neck all the time, spit up, milk, drool, food, EVERYTHING!

That may be where the smell is coming from.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:47 AM on May. 15, 2010

• My DD doesnt smell like milk/spit.. but when I was pregnant.. *I* smelled like it.. sooo wierd!
    SammiStar

Answer by SammiStar at 1:48 AM on May. 17, 2010