What should I pack in my hospital bag for delivery?

I know I'll be staying at least 3 days, because I'm having surgery right after the baby is born. I've also never been completely ok before after a delivery to just stay the 24 hours. What did you find useful to bring, or what did you wish you had brought that you didnt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A night gown you can ruin. VERY large stretched out undies. a book, game or something to do. Clothes for the new baby, a camera, slippers, clothes you can wear while there. clothes to go home in, soap & shampoo (that stuff at the hospital is gross). Socks, baby blankets. Sleep mask and ear plugs... That will get you everything you NEED... If you need more than that you can have your So bring it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 PM on May. 14, 2010

• sleep mask and ear plugs? I like it, wish I would have thought of that!
    Anonymous

• When I had my oldest, my mother brought me flowers, my grandmother bought me a sleep mask with matching nightgown and ear plugs -- best gift I got!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:22 PM on May. 14, 2010

• DEODORANT TOOTH BRUSH AND TOOTH PASTE HAIR TIES LIP BALM NURSING BRA AND PADS IF U PLAN ON NURSING AND LANOLIN (FOR SORE NIPPLES) UR OWN PILLOW HOSPITAL PILLOWS SUCK
    lovemynutterbut

Answer by lovemynutterbut at 11:50 PM on May. 14, 2010

• All i have to say is when you do pack your bag....keep it in the car....My husband was supposed to take mine to the car and he forgot....well I had ran into a situation with my heart and had to be transferred to another hospital...he again forgot where the bag was at the house and brought me a pair of pants,underwear and a brush! no shirt!!! I had been wearing a gown for 4 days! how was I going to get home without a shirt?
    He took his shirt off...gave it to me and he wore his jacket(buttoned up)....then after that we had to go to where I gave birth and pick up our son.
    The baby stayed where he was born while I recovered at a top notch heart unit which the babies hospital didn't have....so I was checked out then the baby was checked out.
    Anyways...point is.....keeep a bag in the car!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 15, 2010

• ear plugs are good if you have a room mate that just might SNORE!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on May. 15, 2010

• #1 SLIPPERS!!!! Yukky floors. Your own Towels (Face cloth & body Towel). Snacks, Magazines, Phone book to call everyone. Lotion, toothbrush, Hair dryer, Camera. Then when you can, if you can, SLEEP!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 15, 2010