What's your opinion?

My mother has 5 daughters, all of which have children. She has never wished any of us a Happy Mother's Day because she says we aren't her mother. I celebrate all mothers on Mother's Day. What's your opinion?

MomMom23

Asked by MomMom23 at 10:22 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i agree with you. mothers day is appreciating all mothers, not just YOUR mother.
    thats too bad, my mother always gets me a card & gift on mothers day.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:24 PM on May. 14, 2010

• The only "happy mothers day" that counts to me is the one from my child. But I do wish everyone mothers, grandmother, and others happy mothers day too.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:25 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I don't see why it matters, why are you really bothered by this? Some people think mothers day is for all moms, others think it's a day for their mom... and others think it's a wasted Hallmark holiday... It's not really a big deal. My mother doesn't celebrate Mothers Day at all... never has. I try not to... I see it as a waste. My SIL thinks it's a day just for her and everyone in her life is supposed to cater to her that day... Just don't let it get to you...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:26 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I wish all mommys a Happy Mothers day. But I can understand what your mom is saying. You all may be mommys too but she is at the tippy top of that list,lol. Besides...that would be an awful lot of cards and flowers to buy..for all 5 of you! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:29 PM on May. 14, 2010

• she may just still have a hard time with her girls being grown up and having kids of their own. my mom texted HMD, and that was it. my mom has never really been comfortable with being a grandmother, and sometimes it shows.
    Anonymous

• I can see where shes coming from, some ppl think its a day for just thier own mothers. Others (like me) celebrate it for ALL mothers. I wouldnt take it personal, or let it get to you.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 10:39 PM on May. 14, 2010

• How rude of her...
    Anonymous

• Exactly... it's ALL mothers!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 10:46 PM on May. 14, 2010

• i always thought Mother's Day was all mothers...so i wish my friends that are mothers, happy mothers day. my husband wishes me it, my sister wished me it, strangers who kinda knew me even wished me it.

does the same go for Father's Day to her?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:20 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I agree with you. I buy Mother's Day gifts for my friends, my sister, my mom, my aunt, my grandmother, my ex-mother in law, and my ex's sister-in-law. I think all mother's should be celebrated on mother's day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on May. 15, 2010