it sounds like she likes him, right?

this girl that my BF met is texting my BF.. they met through my BF's friend- she was his girlfriend. make sense? anyways, they (my bf's friend and the girl) broke up, she got back together with her ex (before bf's friend), and then THEY broke up. she texted him "i'm single"-- the day after their convo where BF was trying to tell her that it'll work itself out. (she has some major self-esteem issues)... and then she texted him "how am i ever gonna find a guy?" this is a week after her and her bf broke up.

i just feel iffy about it. i mean, why text your ex boyfriend's friend, who you dont really know, all these semi-personal details? every piece of advice BF gives her, she doesnt use it; "meet someone with your interest"-- she'll go to the club to meet a guy, knowing she HATES the clubs.

and yea- this girl knows that he's in a relationship with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• lol lemme add that i'm not jealous or anything.... but to me, it really sounds like she's trying to get his attention, at the very least (at the most, i think she wants him)... but my BF cant see it. but he's really blind to the flirting/manipulation of females (damsel in distress, kind of)
    Anonymous

• She may just be emotionally dependent on him finding it easy to talk with him. It doesn't mean she wants him

Answer by admckenzie at 10:32 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I would cut that off at the pass. And tell her where she could get off.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 10:32 PM on May. 14, 2010

• ya. if she is telling him stuff like that she is interested. my best advice would be for him to cut ties with this woman. she sounds like trouble. and if he wont i would talk to her about it. i would probably not be so nice about it (this is my man back the f off!)
    Anonymous

• yeah i agree with you... it does sound like she likes him.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 10:59 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Yes. Talk to him about stopping this. Now.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:17 PM on May. 14, 2010

• do you think it could get worse? i mean, she has really low self esteem- you tell her that she looks pretty, and she'll literally get mad at you for lying! if you tell her that her hair looks nice, you're automatically lying to her and it really looks horrible. i have self- esteem issues, but nothing as bad as hers. :-( i feel really bad for her.

i dont think i really see anything coming from it, but then again, i dont want to live in the Obsession movie either! lol i'm fine with my BF talking with her, and semi-TRYING to help her (he gives her advice and stuff, but she doesnt take it- EVER!). and my BF wont leave me for her, nor will he cheat on me with her.

~ op
    Anonymous

• If she isn't taking his advice then I don't see a point in him trying to help her. It sounds like she needs professional help more than just a shoulder to lean on. It might be a good idea for your boyfriend to start distancing himself from her. Even if he isn't the type to stray this girl could become a problem in your lives - for example my cousin was somewhat friends with a girl who had been dumped by her boyfriend and then jumped into bed with another guy who never called her again and a week later she did it again so she was sort of an emotional mess, during those times she spent a lot of time at my cousin's house and met her husband. This girl began texting my cousin's husband and basically used him for male advice but within months this girl became borderline obsessive and started getting pissed off when my cousin's husband wouldn't immediately text or call her back and would want to know where he was all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on May. 15, 2010