Why do moms let the kids eat in bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on May. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine do. EVERY night in fact. They have since they were a year old and drinking milk at night. It is better than me waking up in the middle of the night to get them something, or worse, them trying to find something in the pantry at 3 am and waking up to a crash in the kitchen.

They don't get anything that makes crumbs or a mess, and I vacuum under their beds weekly. Not a big deal.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:10 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I don't know anyone whoe does that myself.
    I won't even let mine eat in his room, let alone in his bed.
    But I know my oldest has snuck food in his room before...because I found a pork chop bone in his closet! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:31 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I know in my house no food is allowed upstairs, water is, but no food. The only time I have had food upstairs is when I was pregnant and had crackers up there on my night stand. I am sure people have good reasons to let their kids eat in bed. Our family just doesn't have any.
    Anonymous

• I don't know anyone who lets their kids eat in bed either.
    Anonymous

• The only one who gets to eat in bed around here (unless DH or I am sick) would be a nursing baby. Much easier to cuddle up and nurse that way. No one eats in their rooms here.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:32 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Because they want too! My kids ONLY eat at the table but why do you care what other do?? Its not like they are in your housing ruining your stuff. I mean these questions are getting ridiculous!
    Anonymous

• i dont see anything wrong with someone taking a bed nite snack in there bed as long as its not something to messy. or say they are sick, and are staying in bed ...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:33 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Nope...not in our home.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:42 PM on May. 14, 2010

• sometime me and my babies eat cookies in bed. not regularly, but sometimes. we also jump on the bed. it's fun! loosen up a little and have some fun!
    june_kitten

Answer by june_kitten at 10:45 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I don't, but why do you care? How is this affecting YOU? It's not, so butt out!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 10:45 PM on May. 14, 2010