My baby smells like trash

my little boy is one and his poop has always stunk but lately its been really bad. its smells like garbage trucks or really old trash that hasn't been taken out. I love my baby but, good lord he stinks, I'm starting to get concerned but i don't want to rush to the doc just because his poop smells really bad. Its not runny or hard and it look regular it just stinks soooo bad. Does anyones kid has this problem and is it normal?

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 10:33 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he's one, then he's eating pretty much what you're eating, right? It's normal for poop to smell bad, honest. Doesn't make it any less gross, or diapers any more fun, but I doubt there's anything really wrong. Make a note of what he eats for the next day or two and run it by your pediatrician at the next visit, if you're still concerned.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 10:35 PM on May. 14, 2010

• What does he eat?
    Also, has he been sick?Taking any meds?
    Sometimes certain illnesses can actually make the bowel smell horrible.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:36 PM on May. 14, 2010

• My 2 yr old poop smeels horrible. I want to gag when I change her or she poops in the potty. If she has an accidne you can smeel it all the way across the apartment. I know she has a good diet, we only eat healthy foods. I think it might be normal for some kids because she has had horrible smelly poop since she was born. Even when breastfeed hers was horrible. My son was BF and he's isnt as bad as hers.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:43 PM on May. 14, 2010

• never mind he just threw up ever where so i think its a stomach virus
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:49 PM on May. 14, 2010