Asleep in his big boy bed :) . . . BUUTTT . . . i know its coming . .

He gave absolutely NO fit when climbing into his big boy bed, covering up, & finally passing out . But I know he is going to wake up soon, because he know's I'm not in bed with him . [btw he's 20 month's old) I know it wasn't a good idea to co-sleep, but given personal reasons, I chose to, and I dont regret my decsion, in fact the only reason Im working on getting him into his big boy bed is because daddy wants his bed back LOL . But anyways, I keep reading "if you stick to it, no exceptions, you'll have your bed back in two weeks" so I want to know, is this true ? I mean Im gonna stick to it, he needs to be in his own bed, but I was just wondering. Also, how can I ease his little mind, and anietxy about me not being in bed with him ? [oh and BTW his bed is in our room, so its not like Im far) Anyway's, thanks in advance :)

colbysmommie95

Asked by colbysmommie95 at 11:03 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• possibly so. My oldest was actually older and it took closer to 6 weeks. But he was much older and the younger they are the easier it is. Just stick it out even when its hard stick it out! My two younger kids we did at 12mos after learning from my son the oldest! They were much much EASIER! We both wanted our bed back when we did it!! GOOD LUCK!!! Your baby will do fine:) Be sure he knows you love him and this is his new big boy bed to sleep!
    Anonymous

• . You are taking me back sister! My son is almost 16 and YES, lol, he is finally sleeping in his own bed! Since son is sleeping in your room it should be a lot easier to wean him out of the bed. But, eventually he really needs to be in his own room and in his own bed. My son was out of the crib at 9 months. Once he started crawling over the top, it was over. How do you stick a 9 month old in a big boy bed? I was so nervous about him wondering around the house in the middle of the night and we had stairs. When we got to the point you are at, and son would get up to find me, I would just go downstairs with him and sleep on the couch for the rest of the night. Like the ladies have said, stick it out and follow through, you really dont want to end up on a couch with him like I did.
    Anonymous