Has anyone Purchased milk from a MILK BANK.

I know their are alot of places to purchase milk.. kinda like ebay or craigslist. Im only interested in moms who have gone through 1 of the 10 certified banks in the USA.
Im looking find out what the going cost is to purchase milk per oz. Please let me know.
Thanks.

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 11:15 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• According to this site it costs $2.25 per oz, requires a prescription and will cost an extra $.25 per oz to ship it.

Anonymous

• not bashing, but how can you feel comfortable feeding your child breast milk from someone else? it makes me naseous to think about it. It's another woman's bodily fluid. I just can't grasp the idea...
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 11:20 PM on May. 14, 2010

• If parents can't yell nor can't spank then how can parents control their children?

You feed your family with milk from a cow, you eat the insides of animals. That makes me nauseous.
    Anonymous

• I will NOT be purchasing breast milk. I am a surrogate & after I deliver the family is asking that I pump & want to compensate me for my efforts bc it is NOT something I had planned to. When I deliver I will have a Toddler running around & pumping wasnt really on the agenda. I however so think its beneficial & would rather this baby get MY breastmilk than a strangers. If I did NOT pump the family would purchase from a bank- so they are looking to compensate based on BANK fee's.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:25 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Kudos to you for being willing to do all of that! I am zero help for your question, but wanted to applaud you for what you're doing for another family, and for the baby once it's born!
    Anonymous

• thats amazing, i think it goes beyond the call of duty for a surrogate. however that sounds really expensive to buy from a bank. wow!
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 11:49 PM on May. 14, 2010