toddler bed for my 20 month old?

my son who is 20 months old all of a sudden started crying at night when i put him in his crib. he has never done this before and is now realizing he can crawl out of his crib. i'm afraid he will get hurt doing this so i want to make his crib into the toddler bed. im afraid that now since it will be easier for him to get out he will continue crying at the door. any advice on what to do or did anyone else ever have this problem?

jme484

Asked by jme484 at 11:27 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would make sure everything is put away that isnt safe for him in his room. and maybe invest on one of those baby monitors with the camera so you can watch him. and put a bumper on his toddler bed, if it doesnt already come with one. to me, i think once they start climbing out of their crib its time for a bed. he couldnt get any more hurt in the toddler bed than he would falling out of his crib while trying to climb out.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 11:46 PM on May. 14, 2010