How do I "cut and paste" a document saved on my desktop...

so I can attach it to a school web site. Before I submit the document, when I click on "attachments"... how do I send the document? I cant send it as a regular document from my desk top. (I am trying to submit an assignment on a school web site, and the assignment is saved on my desktop.)

Kim370

Asked by Kim370 at 11:36 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• where is the document from? word, works, notepad, what?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:49 PM on May. 14, 2010

• you can not cut and paste a document from your desktop to a website. You need to upload it to the website by using the available functions on that website, i.e. "attach" button, "browse" button etc.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 1:11 AM on May. 15, 2010

• You may be trying to upload a version of the software that is incompatible. What are the steps you are taking and what messages are you getting?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:52 AM on May. 15, 2010

• What are you trying to attach it to? An email? A form field on the website?

Adding an attachment works differently than cutting and pasting. We need more info so we can help you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:57 PM on May. 15, 2010