Is there a way to remedy this? Please?

The problem: boogers

Ew.

I'm sick of finding them all over his room - mainly the floor. He used to use the walls, the furniture, now he's moved to putting them all over the floor (I find stuff ground into the rug and find out that's what it is, they are all over - ew.)

I thought maybe lost computer time, lost allowance, SOMEthing would help but nothing does. I've explained it to him. The garbage is CLOSE. The tissues are right there as well. I told him, all I expect is for them to be in the garbage.

He's 7. Is it possible to remedy this ? It's sooooooo disgusting, especially if I find I was just in there walking or sitting in the area (games, reading).

Yuck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on May. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• it's a guy thing i think. even dh will wipe/pick his nose and wipe it on his pants. if i see it i yell at him and make him change and wash his hands. boys are disgusting.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 11:40 PM on May. 14, 2010

• i havent found an answer to this problem with my son. he is 7, and i still catch him "picking and eating" -disgusting. i think flag is right, its a guy thing unfortunately. make him scrub the walls/floor when you find them? that may at least get him to think about it.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 11:47 PM on May. 14, 2010

• IDK, but when you find a way to stop it please share!!! My almost 4 yr old wipes them on the door handle in the back seat of my NEW car!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:48 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Take him and explain what we do in this situation. I have 3 boys and 1 girl...my boys were just that...BOYS! lol Try the reward system...each time he gets a tissue and uses it...he gets something: ei: cookie, sticker ect....
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 12:16 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I had a cousin who used his bedroom wall, drove my aunt insane and was seriously gross when i would spend the night and they put me in his room EWWWWWWWWW. Have you made him clean it up? Everytime my kids have had a bad habit I have made them responsible for cleaning it up. When my son was 5 he kept missing the toilet because 1) he was playing with the stream and 2) because he was looking around not paying attention to where the stream was going. I finally put gloves on him handed him a roll of towels a bucket of warm water and told him to scrub, now 4 years later he still remembers that if he misses the toilet he has to clean it, he doesnt miss anymore lol. Sometimes making them do the gross cleaning job burns it into their memory that they need to not do this anymore because it is gross.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:14 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I would be making him clean them ...scrub, scrub, scrub!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:00 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Box of tissues in his room AND make HIM clean them every time.!!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:29 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Make him clean them up...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:47 AM on May. 15, 2010