WHAT DO I DO?? NEED HELP NOW!!

my sister in law and i are fighting. she has a son with a man who is her ex boyfriend. she wants to take the baby out of state without telling him first. she is lieing to him saying she is not moving. he is a good dad, or at least trying with the time she lets him spend with the baby. and now she is moving so she can live with her parents. not on her own. we got into a fight and i threatend to tell the baby dady she is trying to leave. she said very hatefull things to me. and now she is making her mom talk to my husband to try and get me to not tell the baby daddy. i am not taking his side. i just think its wrong. and she is making a mistake. what do i do? she isnt talking to me. and i need to either tell him or not. but i cant stand her just taking the baby away from his father with no remorse. she needs to grow up and take responsibilty. not just have mommy and daddy fix the problem. what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on May. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• well it's not your child, and they're not married so if they don't have a legal custody agreement there's nothing anyone can do to stop her from taking HER child with her. it's not your place to say anything no matter how strongly you feel about it.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 11:50 PM on May. 14, 2010

• First of all how old is she? She sounds like she needs to grow the hell up and without a blink of the eye I would tell him. If he is a good daddy. No matter what what she is doing is wrong. I would give him a heads up. He has ever right to know what is happening with his child.
    Anonymous

• it's not just wrong, it may even be illegal!!!

Anonymous

• Did you know that in Michigan, the parent who moves more than 100 miles from where everyone lived to begin with will lose shared custody of the child? If she runs with the baby, then she might get in trouble legally.
    Anonymous

• she is 20. and has been told that it is legal. as long as he doesnt file after she gets there i guess. i am so afraid for her and her sons future.
    Anonymous

• i am not saying this is right but I think I would tell him. Legally I am not sure what can be done and what can not. If she needs help and mom and dad will help then I can see living with them but sounds like she isn't doing what is best but what she wants to do out of spite.
    Anonymous

• I would tell him, but either way if she leaves he will have to get the courts in lined up to fight for full or shared custody. It's a long uphill battle, but if you can afford some time FOR him to be able to do this, especially since he is a good dad, then I would.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:59 PM on May. 14, 2010

• I would mind my own business... it's not your child.. you should only say something if the child is in danger. JMO
    Anonymous

• Well, I think you need to step back. It's not really your place to say or do anything.
    Anonymous

• i don't think its your business. If the child is not in danger then mind your own business. he will find out if they move and i am sure once she comes to her sense she will tell him. she might have something against him right now. let her make her own mistakes
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:05 AM on May. 15, 2010