What would be the most fun thing to do?

If you were 2 1/2, what would you want to do the most? I stay at home with my 2 1/2 year old son and 10 week old baby and am trying to brainstorm fun ideas for the summer. Thank you!

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 12:18 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Anything to do with water! squirt guns, sprinklers, kiddie pools, My kids loved playing in the kiddie pool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on May. 15, 2010

• My dd is 27 mths. She just loves to be outside. Playing in her pool sometimes i take her to the lake there is a walking trail and she likes to feed the ducks. And 5 month old dd rides in the stroller.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:26 AM on May. 15, 2010

• There's a petting zoo that's about a 30 minute drive fro here that both of my LO's love. We try to go once a month. Or do you mean around the house? You could do a scavenger hunt. Like hide 4 or 5 of his toys. Tell him his green tractor is in the place that he goes when he gets dirty (bath tub), or his building blocks are with his clothes. Let him find them. Take a sheet, put something heavy on the corners, then let fan blow inside of it to ake the sheet raise. This was one of my favorite things to do as a kid. Then you can let him eat, play, look at books in his "tent". You could set up an obstacle course. I lay down the broom, set the mop over 2 chairs, and use the step-stool as a step. They have to walk on the broom, crawl under the op, then step over the step.y LO's also LOVE sidewalk chalk and bubbles.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:30 AM on May. 15, 2010

• The messier the better! lol...
    Swimming if they like water, paints, chalk, parks, zoo, exploring the yard for bugs, playing with food- making cookies!, play in shaving cream/ whip cream... play dough, .... out of ideas but i know there is a million more!
    look for arts & crafts for 2yos & im sure you will find alot..
    OH dont forget about things around your community since its summer. The library has more programs during the summer good for all ages!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:35 AM on May. 15, 2010

• pretend games!! like fort and dungeons and dragons, or cowboys get a baby pool and go fake fishing and let the kids swim too. or you can use a water hose too. oh and teasure hunting. you can leave easy to find clues that will lead to a treasure like cookies or a dollar toy.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:42 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Check out your local library schedule. They often have things like story times, kids concerts, and such like in the summer. I especially like those because the library has AC and my house doesn't.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:22 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Shaving cream. Spray it on the driveway or porch and let the kids practice writing in it or just play in it. Its super fun, doesn't stain clothing and washes right off. Just get the cheap 1$ a can stuff.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:18 AM on May. 19, 2010