My sister and brother are fighting...help

I have 7 siblings, 2 sisters and 5 brothers. I'm the oldest at 24 and my youngest sibling is 13 but we are all close. Growing up with that many siblings there were some pretty drawn out fights between all of us so the fight itself isn't anything new and normally I wouldn't stress about it. However my 23 year old sister and 22 year old brother haven't spoken in two weeks and both have stopped attended our weekly family dinner at my parent's house. I find myself being pushed into the middle as are a few of my other siblings. My sister asked my brother to babysit her kids, which is something he's done dozens of times before. My brother agreed and asked that when my sister was done with her thing if she could watch his daughter for the night and she agreed. My sister goes to pick up her kids and my brother is not home and all 4 kids (under the age of 6) were home with his girlfriend who was obviously stoned out of her mind...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• id say she has right to be mad. he was in the wrong. id say it's up to him to ask for her forgiveness.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:35 AM on May. 15, 2010

• ...I was there with my sister to pick up the kids and I saw for myself how messed up this chick was. Supposedly my brother ran to the 7/11 down the street and he showed up mid-way through my sister screaming at his girlfriend while I was putting the kids in the car. My brother got pissed and started saying he didn't want his daughter to go with us and my sister turned on him and said there was no way she was letting her neice around that woman. This woman by the way is not my neice's mother. My brother threatened to call the cops and my sister threatened to call CPS. My sister has since brought my neice home which I wasn't completely sure of but my brother refuses to speak to her, though will speak to me. He won't admit he was in the wrong and at this point I don't need him to admit he was wrong. I just want them to get over this. My brother also broke up with the woman and as far as I can tell he's not taking her back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 15, 2010

• i'm guessing he will come around. he may just need some time.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:39 AM on May. 15, 2010

• why is your brother dating a chick like that? is he using drugs as well? people who use drugs should stay away 1000 feet from any child.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 1:04 AM on May. 15, 2010

• OP: No my brother doesn't use drugs...with the exception of smoking pot and drinking which he doesn't do around the kids or if he'll be around the kids any time soon. The only time he does either of those is if his daughter is with her mom for a weekend. My brother was given custody of his daughter by the court, he had to fight hard to get her and he'd never be stupid enough to start using drugs around her and take the chance of losing her. This chick has been in and out of my brother's life since they were teenagers when my brother did the usual experimenting with stuff like shrooms, ecstasy and whatnot but he grew out of it and she never did. He goes back to her when he's bored and he told me he had no idea she had any drugs with her. He said she was taking a nap and had just woken up when he asked her to keep on eye on them for a few minutes thinking she was just waking up and groggy - not high.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 15, 2010

• From everything you just told me, I would never let my kids around your brother. It's not OK to smoke pot, it's not OK to let someone in your house who uses drugs and it's not OK to let someone else's kids with a person that you know is not clean.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 1:19 AM on May. 15, 2010

• They are old enough to just get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Oh please.. An occasional hit on a pipe in a controlled enviroment when your kids are not around is not a huge deal.. Doing it when you are responsible for children IS a big deal.. Your sister was right to be upset.. But, no offense, but this really isn't your problem.. I would tell them that the subject is off limits when they are around you.. They are adults, they can work it out on their own.. IMO..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 8:27 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Your brother and sister are both adults. Let them deal with this. Stay out of this fight it isn't yours.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:12 AM on May. 15, 2010

• He could have his dd taken away from him over that little stunt. Kids should not be around pot smoking. It's unhealthy and illegal. Then again your sister could have been arrested for kidnapping his child. They are BOTH in the wrong and let's hope they both learned from the situation. This is an amazing opportunity to sit down and discuss "What's wrong with this picture?" or "What other way could we have handled this?" I'd make it a family discussion. If they won't go to the family then send the family to them.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 AM on May. 15, 2010