If i wanna lose fat and build muscle what should i do?

Should i work on building muscle first seeing how more muscle means burning more calories? i know its a stupid question sorry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I agree with strength training and resistance bands. It worked for me. At the same time you can change to eat healthy food and drink lots of water.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:28 PM on May. 15, 2010

• strength/resistance training
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 15, 2010

• light resistance training 3 times a week.. cardio 4-5 times a week... once most of the fat is off, bump up the resistance! though more muscle does help with burning more fat it WONT spot reduce... no such thing... focus on getting the fat off then really building the muscle.. you will love watching your body change.... -personal trainer..... if in doubt of my advice just go to my page and check out my pictures =)
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 12:53 AM on May. 15, 2010

• What my gym had me do and has worked amazingly well for me is a strength training class 2 times a week and a cardio also 2-4 times per week, I also excercise outside the classes using treadmills, elipticals etc mostly because now that I am used to working out I love it and it clears my head. What I noticed most was that inches were coming off, if you focus on how your clothes are fitting and not what the scale says you will really see the changes. Pick something that is fun if you enjoy it you will want to do it. I love my Zumba and Group power classes both are fun and I look forward to going.

I also took a really good look at how i was eating and changed that, I made sure to not just look at calories but the sodium as well, you can get a 100 calorie snack but it could have 400 of sodium or more so your going to retain water. Its just one of the things I learned along the way that helped me.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:52 AM on May. 15, 2010

• For me it's simple...I put on my sneakers and walk out the door everyday...it started with baby steps, just walking a couple of blocks, increasing the distance slowly, now I do 7 miles a day, I swear it does more for me mentally..spiritually, than it does physically...but it's nice to look cute in my jeans again =) I can eat anything I want and not gain... You can do anything you set your mind to! Good luck!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 2:06 AM on May. 15, 2010

• lots of protein. i tell my husband all the time, that if he wants to build more muscle he HAS to stop doing so much cardio. he runs like 5 miles a day and burns it all off.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 2:13 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I used a home workout program called ChaLEAN Extreme and the whole thing is based on the principle that muscle burns fat. It has a nutrition guide and workout schedule so you don't even have to think about it. Shoot me a message and I can tell you more if you're interested. It's really a great program and anyone can do it.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 10:56 AM on May. 15, 2010

• nutritional rebalancing - it worked for me. message me or email (simplecleansing@gmail.com) if you want more info
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 12:12 PM on May. 15, 2010