Christians...Do you know that you know that you have Dunamis Power? The bible states in 2 Timothy.."For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power"

The devil wants to bring you to a point where you doubt who you are. He does not want you to utilize the dunamis (power) that you project when you speak the Word of God. You must come to a point where you will not allow the wilderness to define who you are. The fact that you are in the wilderness does not mean that the wilderness is in you. The wilderness should not control you; you should control it! Even at His weakest point, Jesus managed to overcome the enemy by speaking the Word of God. Jesus went into the wilderness full of the Holy Spirit. When He came out, he was full of the POWER of the Holy Spirit. Power (dunamis) comes from a wilderness experience. When you receive the revealed Word of God, your life is never the same again. The Word of God is power-packed, and it’s aimed at causing change to happen in your life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ummm what are you talking about? Do you have a real question or are you educating us?
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:23 AM on May. 15, 2010

• readingI don't know OP.  I am reading and I don't get anything like that from Timothy. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Whatkid... yes she asked two questions to the CHRISTIANS :-)

PP: 2 Timothy 1:3-7 (New American Standard Bible) 3I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day,4longing to see you, even as I recall your tears, so that I may be filled with joy. 5For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. 6For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.7For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:32 AM on May. 15, 2010

• One question I mean... its the first thing she asked.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:33 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Well, every Christian I know, including myself, know this verse. So, it really isn't aimed at Christians, but anyone who might be reading this.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:35 AM on May. 15, 2010

• NKJV: 7For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

NLT: 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Amplified: 7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:36 AM on May. 15, 2010

• oh ok... so everyone is a Christian on this board? I see.....
    Do you know that its a word of encouragement for us as Christians.... she is asking us and sharing what she sees... and we ought to listen and learn... never know if there is some new piece of gold nugget inside that paragraph....
    yes every christian knows the verse in the mind but how about deep in their heart and spirit ... there is a difference. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:39 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Very encouraging and uplifting words!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 9:07 AM on May. 15, 2010

• OP Here :) Some of my sisters are so down by their walk and trails. I beleive I need to encourage them. If you are a Christian why are you against me? Jesus said you are either for me or against me...you either gather or scatter...We need to be in agreement and encourage our sisters who maybe feeling down. God has an awesome plan for their lives Jerm 29:11
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Christians have no power. We live, move, and breathe within the power of Jesus Christ. Christ was able to overcome Satan through speaking the word because He IS the Word! To say that we posess His power is blasphemous and a devilish doctrine.

Yes, God has given us a spirit of power, but not our own! Power of victory through the blood and righteousness of Jesus Christ!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 12:02 PM on May. 15, 2010