do you use one bottle per feeding or do you use it over and over again

seems like lately that parents use their baby bottles feeding after feeding...some use the same bottle for days and think a good rinse is good enough......is this a new common trend? to just rinse bottles and reuse...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YUCK! Who does this? Bottles should be washed. I wonder how clean and sterile the average breast feeding woman's nipples are.??..HMM.

They actually are not supposed to be washed thanks for pointing that out. breastmilk is really extraordinary in its properties and abilities. Bottles, dont have to be sterilized for every use. A good wash in hot soapy water is definitely needed though and weekly boiling should do it.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 1:21 PM on May. 15, 2010

• never heard about anyone doing this, but everything is possible. It's terrible that they do that. They have no common sense and no basic knowledge about hygiene.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 1:13 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Never heard of this and I have never seen this. Every bottle is washed and sterilized prior to use in my house.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I scrub out my bottles with soap and water then sanitize in the dishwasher. If we're traveling, I use the Medela steam bags to sanitize.

I do think that we're "hyper clean" these days. While I think it's gross if someone simply gives a bottle a "good rinse," I suppose if their kids are okay... well... that's their perogative.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:24 AM on May. 15, 2010

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I use the same bottle all day long. But i clean it with soap and a bottle brush after every feeding. I use a differant bottle everyday though. I steam the bottles i have used every week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on May. 15, 2010

• i use a different bottle for every feeding. i stopped sterilizing at 3 months, my doc says his immune system should be strong enough after that especially since he was breastfed. the bottle stink if you dont wash them. plus it dries pretty fast on them and a rinse just wont do. my sister is like that. shed rather rinse them over and over than get of her ass to wash them. god forbid she did something around the house.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 2:08 AM on May. 15, 2010

• i used a diffrent bottle every feeding but now that my ds is one, i only have two bottle left and I am trying to wean so i not buying anymore., he uses those two bottles but i wash them well after each use cause if you don't wash them they get all germy and cloudy.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:17 AM on May. 15, 2010

• All of DD's bottles get rotated. She has a bottle rack with all her bottles on it, so when she's ready for a bottle i go in the kitchen assemble a clean one. When she's done with it, I drop it on her bowl (a bowl with soapy water). After she's been fed, I sit her down to play and I go in and clean the bottle thats been soaking in soapy water. Then drop the newly used bottle in the water. Rotate.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:40 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I had all the bottles set up for the day to use. At the end of the day they were all washed and ready to go for the filling of them for the following day...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 15, 2010