why does sex hurt ?

Every time I have sex with my bf it is sooooo painful! I end up crying and making him pull out. And it's not that he's too big, he's actually the smallest I've been with. He's skinny and short so I don't understand why it hurts so bad!( not sure what category this belongs in)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry hon, is he engaging in foreplay with you? If you are not getting lubricated enough down there it can feel bad. If you need to get help there is lubrication lotion that is sold over the counter at your pharmacy. Sex should never hurt, I hope this helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on May. 15, 2010

• My be you have a infection?
    Anonymous

• Yes lots and lots of foreplay. It just hurts so bad! And I don't think it's an infection we've been together for almost a year and it's always been like this. I had my pap 2 months ago and they said everything down there was fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on May. 15, 2010

• did you tell your OB? it could be a muscle problem. I have a friend who has this condition that cause her vagina to close up when it gets stimulated. she said sex was painful for her and her Bf could barely get his penis in. You should talk your doc
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:02 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Go to a doctor ASAP sweetie. Are you wet during sex or dry?
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 2:25 AM on May. 15, 2010

• hmm.... sounds like me! i might gotta see my OB about the muscle thing!

try different positions. its weird, i know- but even if they arent big, i'm sure they can still hit something or stretch something that hasnt been hit/stretched like that before and its painful. my BF is pretty well-endowed but the simple positions gets me hurting- from missionary to even doggy (with my back straight/lined- he cant get in very deep that way), and even spooning. it just all depends on position, for me at least.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I think I understand. My ex had a really long, thin penis, and it was uncomfortable and painful. I think he was poking my cervix and that just did not feel good! We mostly stuck to oral because of this, and it worked out great - we had a great sex life, just not great intercourse, lol
    Joylynn77

Answer by Joylynn77 at 2:51 AM on May. 15, 2010

• We try all different positions that doesn't seem to help. Could it be the studded condoms? He won't buy anything else and I can't afford BC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on May. 15, 2010

• It could definitely be the condoms. Have you ever had trouble with any other type of condom? It could be a reaction to the texture or it could be a reaction to the latex or the lubricant/spermicide used on that brand. Why won't he use another brand? It seems to me that he would want to try anything to actually have sex and switching to a different rubber is easy.

Where exactly does it hurt? Is the pain high inside or near the entrance? Widespread or focused on one spot? Sometimes childbirth and any subsequent repair like stitching can cause issues. I don't know how old your kids are or how many guys you've been with since having children so I may be totally off base here. I know after I had my son I had quite a few stitches and for months afterward I got a pinching sensation, I think the dr went one stitch too far. Really quite painful in the wrong position and even now I get the odd twinge.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:13 AM on May. 15, 2010

• All the above answers are correct. Sex shouldn't hurt. Go see your gynecologist. It could be the condom, it could be muscle spasms, an infection, or endometriosis. Are your periods extremely painful? You could ask him to try an experiment - YOU buy regular condoms (maybe even consider non-latex), and ask him to use them for a while. (Latex could also be a problem for you.) If he knows you're in pain, he should be willing to try something else - at least for a short while.
    bluejupalex

Answer by bluejupalex at 7:42 AM on May. 15, 2010