Do you usually break out while pregnant?

Iv'e never had severe acne untill I got pregnant.. I thought "okay, hormones are going crazy so this is probably why I all of a sudden have severe acne" but now that i'm into my 2nd trimester it seems to have gotten worse. What gives? I'm not talking about 2 pimples i'm talking about all over both cheeks, 3 on my forhead, and all over my chin. I'm currently trying clean & clear advantage kit but it doesnt seem to be doing a darn thing. any advice?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 2:17 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• your skin goes thru all sorts of crazy changes when your prego. mine didnt go away til about a month after i had my son. and breastfeeding may make it last longer. i got this horrible purple skin color around my nose when i was preganant, make up wouldnt even cover it. and the acne was only bad on my back. that didnt clear up til 2 months post partum. its those crazy hormones
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 2:19 AM on May. 15, 2010

• the only thing that helps my acne right now, and im only 13 weeks, lol, is proactive. i used it when i was a teenager, and now i am back to using it. its a little pricy, but lasts a long time, and it works better than anything ive been able to find at stores. it is those hormones, not to mention the added stress on your mind and body. proactive is the best 40 bucks ive ever spent on my face, really. and you can get it the first time for about 20 bucks, not so bad, especially if you dont intend to keep buying it every month.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:50 AM on May. 15, 2010

• the only time I ever had ance was in my hair line, so you couldnt see it, but once I got pregnant, It spread like a wild-fire, all over my face, and even my upper back =( I was so devasted, and as if the hormones weren't bad enough I cried when summer came around cause I felt like I was a walking pimple, my acne didnt clear up until my son was almost two months old, and since then I havent had any acne except for the hairline, and a few microscopic pimples on my nose. hes now 20 months old, and still barely any acne, hope this helps ease your mind a lil .

OH and I didnt use anything except for the dove soap, but thats also because the proactive didnt work, and what i did have for clean and clear was the black head stuff, and that did work :)
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 2:58 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I did, the only thing that helped me was a perscription from my dr. It sucked! I only got it with one of my pregnancies, but that was enough!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:18 AM on May. 15, 2010

• i broke out with 2 of my 3 pregnancies..... fortunately it was controllable with the clearasill pads and it was gone a couple of months after i had the baby
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:51 PM on May. 15, 2010