past life regression

I am a Pagan, but I have never felt the need to figure out what or who I was in past lives, it doesn't seem important to me. I am not criticizing, that's just how I feel about it, but I would like to know why other Pagans find it important to find out about past lives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Thank you all for your answers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on May. 16, 2010

• Lets see if I can help out. Knowing who we are in our past life can help aid us in being better people in the present. If we know who we were in our past life then we can understand our accomplishments and our mistakes. Then can we strive to complete unfinished task and do our best not to repeat mistakes.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:16 AM on May. 15, 2010

• For me, it is the knowledge that I may have held in that past life... and possibly what good that knowledge may do for me now..
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:17 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Those are very good reasons :)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on May. 15, 2010

• For those that do believe in reincarnation. Have you gone through past life regression that gave you information on who you believe you were in a past life?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:20 AM on May. 15, 2010

• A wise old Pagan once said to me... "Be careful what you seek, for you might not like the answer... Many have cried for the transgressions of their past lives."

That has stuck with me for a long time. So much so that I am going with what I feel to be true, and not digging into it to much right now. I guess you really have to be ready for what you might find! I'd sure like to know a few things, but once you know something you can't "unknow" it. You have to be ready to take the good with the bad.
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:36 AM on May. 15, 2010

• It helps to know where you've been to see where you're going.

(Picture Mater driving backwards...and Lightning McQueen going nuts about it.)

And, RyansMom, I believe I have deduced that in most of my lifetimes here on Earth ('cuz I also believe we reincarnate on different planets and in different dimensions) I've been either Clergy or a prostitute or both.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:16 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I've been either Clergy or a prostitute or both.

Interesting MamaK88, Do you think there is a reason for the having lives that are polar opposite in appearance.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:29 PM on May. 15, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:16 PM on May. 15, 2010

• For me, it helps me work on gaining ultimate enlightenment. Knowing who I was helps me work on what needs to be in my future lives.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:32 PM on May. 15, 2010