I have a huge fibroid, Im freaking out!! please help!

Hi, I can not sleep tonight because I found out I have a huge fibroid growing on my uterus... I found out cuz i went to the hospital due to heavy bleeding/clots and it freaked me out when he says my fibroid is huge. I have missed a couple of periods and this week i have been bleeding a lot. I want to know when is my bleeding going to stop? and when should i worry? I already saw the doc and he wants to give me a hysterectomy next month but i can not sleep anymore.. im a mom who is border line to insanity! Please help me, thats why im on cafemom :*/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Health

• I've had fibroids which caused very heavy bleeding and ended up having a hysterectomy. 

I'll be at work for most of the day but feel free to pm me.  Honestly honey , it's not as bad as you think.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:37 AM on May. 15, 2010

• My mom had this problem and had a hysterectomy. She is doing great! She said that she felt a lot better afterwards...no cramping, heavy bleeding, and anemia, anymore. I think her exact words (about the hysterectomy) were..."I should have had this done YEARS ago!"
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 6:49 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Are you afraid of the surgery itself....? What exactly are you afraid of? Beyond the surgery itself, unless you wanted more children, I don't think you have very much to worry about!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:37 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I guess my hubby and I have accepted that fact about children, I dont need anymore for i have 7 already! Im worried because my doc says my fibroid is larger than the average uterus. im scared ya all... so really, i hope i dont sound like a dummy but when will this bleeding stop? does it only stick around during my period time?
    Anonymous

• You are bleeding because your uterus is distended and you won't stop until you have the surgery. 

I know how scared you are feeling right now because I have been there, but I promise you, this isn't life threatening.  Once you have the surgery you will feel so much better.  You won't feel so tired all the time because you won't be anemic.  You won't have to worry about the bleeding EVER again which is a big bonus lol.  And you won't EVER have to worry about uterine or cervicalcancer.  Just remember to follow your doctor's recovery instructions to the letter!  That is very very important.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:56 PM on May. 15, 2010