Disipline

What do you do for discipline with your child? We take things away or give time outs.

jekr433

Asked by jekr433 at 6:54 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I send my 2 yo to her room when she has a tantrum and so far that and a good hand pop when the hand does something wrong. Taking things away at 2 just really isn't an expectation that will work.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:24 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I don't discipline.

If my son gets upset I let him get upset, don't add drama and he usually has a little cry and gives me a hug. I think punishing for a child expressing their feelings is wrong and damaging.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Who said anything about punishing kids for expressing their feelings? We rely mainly on time outs. He gets one maybe once a week. He's very well behaved, but all kids test boundaries. He understands what the rules are and understands he will have to sit in time out if he chooses to ignore the rules. It's working very well for us, but all kids are different and different approaches work better for different families.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 10:45 AM on May. 16, 2010

• We put him in the corner and tell him he can come out to apologize after he's calmed down. It works a lot more than a timed time out. And he will come over and tell you hes sorry and give a hug and kiss.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 2:16 AM on May. 17, 2010

• Depends. Normally He just get a verbal reprimand and that works. If he persit, he goes to his room, if he won't comply I spank him.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:12 AM on May. 19, 2010