What are the odds of getting pregnant the FIRST time you have unprotected sex, the day after your period is over?

Just wondering what you thought?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think anytime you have unprotected sex the odds are pretty high. But if it happens to be the day after your period ends then they are def lower. BUT.. alot of women have abnormal cycles which can cause them to be fertile during or immediately after a period. I was one of them ;)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:53 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Whether or not it's the first time you have unprotected sex is irrelevant. The only relevant fact is it was the first day after your period, and for that, refer to the previous answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on May. 15, 2010

• sperm can live up in there for up to a week. If you ovulate at day 7 for instance,you can get pregnant
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:06 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Our daughter is 2. lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:24 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Well I did with my second child. My grandpa got very sick and I had to take off to CO to be with him. Well hubby and I had unprotected sex two days after my period. Then when I got back in 3 weeks. I was taking a test and sure enough pregnant. For us we were going to start to TTC anyway after I got back. But I never really thought that would happen but so happy it do.

so yes you can. When ever you have unprotected sex you run the risk of becoming pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 15, 2010