7 year olds dancing to Beyonce...

A disgrace not only the outfits but the dancing style. I'm no prude but c'mon "7" years old?

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 9:19 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Beyonce wore more clothes then they did. She wore a body suit. High heels, makeup, lingerie for little girls in the stores. Now we have to show them how to flaunt them. On stage, in front of adults. The media keeps showing the video clip. Why don't they show a still photo? Hey there to all those mothers, are you okay with your daughters breast feeding in public when they are 12 yrs old breastfeeding their own baby.
    Sunshine007775

Answer by Sunshine007775 at 3:22 PM on May. 15, 2010

• They were 8 & 9 but that's not important. What is important is that it was appalling and disgusting to watch. What next, pole dancing? When it first started and my jaw dropped in horror the first thing that came to mind was it might be the opening act for a child porn video. I don't shock easily but that shocked me and make me sick to my stomach. And parents wonder why kids start being sexual early and why young girls get pregnant? They get claps and cheers for acting like a stripper. They get attention for that type of behavior and they keep it up, even for Uncle Bob in private. Common sense would be smart. It's not being used in these cases.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 15, 2010

• OMGI know! I agree with you so much! I mean some people actually said "they dance good!" Um what? Looks like sex to me without a partner. I mean what is this world coming too! I have a daughter so I am sickened by this. It was on Good Morning America today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Yeah they are actually 8 & 9 years olds, although to me that doesn't make a difference. This is at least the third question posted about this not including how many news and entertainment shows are talking about this.. These girls are VERY talented but it could have been shown in a better way.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:48 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Sad that with all that talent, they couldn't find more appropriate costumes and more age appropriate dance moves. I' ve heard a lot of mom's comment about this dance stuff that it's a harmless competition, it's all for show and their daughters are not allowed to dance like that any other time. RIGHT.....wonder how many of them realize that some of their daughter's are teaching these moves to their classmates at recess. Kid's that learn to dance like that ARE going to do it whether they are in dance class or someplace else because, to them, it's not only ok, but often the only way they know how to dance
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:03 AM on May. 15, 2010

• First, those kids were very talented dancers, I know I couldn't get my leg half as high as some of them, :-). But they did stuff on that stage I as an adult married woman would be embarrassed to do on a stage. Take away the air humping, cover their midsections and it wouldn't have been quite so bad. Still not good, but better.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:11 PM on May. 15, 2010