Are crows really a sign of death?

For the past week every time I go outside I see this black crow. I know that crows come when something is dead, but are they really a sign that someone is going to die or is that just a myth?

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 9:43 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The death could also be of something other than a person... such as the death of a plan, etc... death as in failure perhaps... there are so many ways to interpret it, I wouldn't stress it if I were you ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:35 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Depends on what you believe in, for me yup its a sign!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:45 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Actually, it's a raven that is a sign of death. Not plain old black crows. They are just a sign of annoyance.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Here are some factors to tell the difference (they are in the same family).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Thank you because I was just about to say that I looked up on google the pictures for both and I can not tell the difference. All I know is this is a big black bird. I say big because it is larger than most birds i see flying around here.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:55 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Honestly I don't believe in that, but either way i'd try not to look to much into it because i'd be too freaked to ever leave my house lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:18 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I don't believe in myths..I would say pray since you have a concern.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 15, 2010

• LOL, if that's the case, my whole neighborhood is gonna die. We have a many crow families living in and around our area.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 15, 2010

• No...it just means they are searching the ground for bugs. I just have to laugh at all the superestitions and old wives' tales people post here. ....sigh.......
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:02 AM on May. 15, 2010

• In Native American culture the crow is a Power animal - CROW - integrity and doing unto others as we would like them to do to us. Crow teaches us to know ourselves beyond the limitations of one-dimensional thinking and laws. It is about bringing magic into our lives. This animal teaches to appreciate the many dimensions both of reality and ourselves, and to learn to trust our intuition and personal integrity. There is magic wherever crows are. They give us the message that there is magic alive in our world and this magic is ours to use and create a new world for ourselves with.

Other symbolisim of crows: http://paganismwicca.suite101.com/article.cfm/crow_mysterious_pagan_symbol

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:19 AM on May. 15, 2010