SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE! =( My 7-month old son is teething hardore right now and it's making me crazy. What can I do to help him beside giving him Baby Orejel?

I've given him every kind of Baby Orejel, pretty much all brands of the teething tablets, frozen and cold teethers, baby tylenol, vibrating toys, and cold towels but nothing is working. I feel so bad for him. Is this as bad as gets?

jordansmommie82

Asked by jordansmommie82 at 9:45 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Infant's Motrin. Magic!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:47 AM on May. 15, 2010

• That orajel is a waste of money! lasts a second if that. throw it in the trash
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:48 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Let me tell you this: I remember when my last molar came in and I also had braces. Orajel is crap. It doesn't work for everyone and tends to make your whole mouth numb except for the part that aches. Oragjel doesn't touch where it really hurts...in your jaw and head. Lying down is hell, sitting up isn't much better. Cold is nice and welcome, but temporary. Meds just make you loopy and less able to cope.

What will work best is continue the cold and keep the baby active (nothing works like distraction). Other than that, just wait it out. Remember that if it is driving you crazy, just imagine what the baby feels like! Get out of the house since babies find that the outdoors are fascinating and can help them temorarily forget the ache in their head.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:51 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I've heard very good things about the baltic amber teething necklaces.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:05 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I know I'm going to get super bashed for this but when our now 15 yr old was teething, he was miserable, cutting several teeth at once. NOTHING on the market worked so we purchased a small bottle of VO, dipped our finger in it and rubbed it on his gums. Worked like magic and NO, it did not get him drunk or anything else and NO he did not develop a taste for alcohol. It simply gave him the relief he needed so he could sleep, eat, etc.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 10:09 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Quoting meriana tht is an old wise tail tht my mother would say to do ... No bashing if it worked great!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 15, 2010

• We use Cholroseptic max. I put a squirt on the gums and it makes the whole mouth numb. It lasts longer than the orajel. I wrap an ice cube in a wash cloth and tie it off with a ponytail holder and get the tip wet. I then use motrin for the pain. This seems to work well for my LO who has cut several teeth in the last few months. I have even gone as far as to spray regular chlorseptic on the washcloth over the ice cube. I wish you luck because I know this isn't fun.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:14 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I'm in the same boat as you. My DD has her first tooth coming in, the top of the tooth is already broken threw but it's just sitting there.
    Nothing is working for us, teething drops hold her over for a little while though. Distraction does help but doesn't help when they wake up in the middle of the night crying. It's a terrible feeling when you can't take the pain away=/
    If you find something that works, throw it my way!!!

Good luck mama!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:48 AM on May. 15, 2010

• TEETHING IS HARD, YET THERE ARE MANY EASY WAYS TO GET THIS DONE:

>MULTIPLE READILY AVAILABLE COLD RUBER ITEMS THAT ARE EASY TO BITE ON.

>IF ALL ELSE FAILS, WASH YOUR HANDS AND MASSAGE THE GUMS WITH THE BALL OF YOUR FINGER TIP. BUT BEWARE THOSE TEETH WILL COME SOON.
    ChrisMom34

Answer by ChrisMom34 at 10:49 AM on May. 15, 2010

• A cold bagel is great. And for my kids...we used cinnamon oil to numb.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:56 AM on May. 15, 2010