My Cat is assuming the position to "go" but isn't! Help Please!

I noticed my cat that's 12 was assuming the position to "go" urinate I think. But couldn't. I don't know if she's ill or trying for attention or is mad at me? I'm very ill, down and having Cancer/Chemo. & can't take care of myself for now. I'm wondering what it could be? Besides my awful health situation we're jobless and in a bad situation! Any cures, help or tips to provide her with some comfort? I am not up to much due to my health. But she's my pure joy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Pets

• You need to have your cat seen now! I had one do this and by the time I got him to the vet he was toxic and had to be put down. They are actually trying to urinate but looks like they are trying to poop. I wish you luck and this is most likely a kinked urethra or a UTI. I hope your cats sake it is the latter.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:11 AM on May. 15, 2010

• I am so sorry for your terrible situation, but it is very serious when a cat cannot urinate. All of the illnesses that can cause this type of symptom are fatal to a cat if they do not get treated right away. Coala is right.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:17 AM on May. 15, 2010

• If its a BOY cat you need to get his to an Emergency Room quick he has up to 8 hours before he dies. Its crystals that block his urine then it starts shutting down his kidneys and everything else. I am a vet tech is this is a matter of life or death if he is blocked!!
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 10:21 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Crystals in Urine,Thyroid issues(that was one of my cats first signs that she had Thyroid issues)Growth in stomach etc.
    Anonymous