questionable choices

Do you think when a woman decides to strip,do porn,do a shoot for a skin magazine,prostitute themselves,are setting women's lib back a few notches? i think these choices make men see us as sluts and things to use and not respect. I see so many ladies on here so sad over their SO's porn addictions. I get the whole "my body,my choice" thing,but when women do things like this,it changes the way we are seen as women.I think we need a class in high school to empower women to not choose this as a job/career. They figure who's it hurting,but you'd be very surprised who it does!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Stripping for your hubby is fun. But women who striop at a bar ,whatever,in front of strangers have no self respect. Ther eare better ways to earn money. I would rather clean toilets 18 hours a day than expose my body to absolute strangers. I have self respect.
    The idea of porn makes me sick. Doing any of the perverted acts displayed in Porn movies demeans a woman and makes her into a slut,IMO. Responsible,committed,caring adults MAKE LOVE is and it is beautiful....just HAVING SEX is demeaning and makes us no better than animals.
    Anonymous

• Each person is responsible for their own actions. Women who choose to do this do not make ALL women look like sluts. It is just a way to distinguish the ones who have morals and the ones who do not. Also, I think blaming these women for the fact that men cannot keep their eyes focused on their own wives/girlfriends/SO is just providing them with an easy excuse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 15, 2010

• No, I don't think they are setting women's lib back a few notches. The whole point is that women can do anything, be anything, anything including strip, porn, whatever. I knew a couple people here who worked at a stripping bar, and they made more in a night than I did in a week. I think the only people it hurts are the ones who's husbands/boyfriends are watching, and part of that is probably jealousy that they aren't watching them that way. There doesn't need to be a class about not stripping or posing for magazines. And as far as prostitution goes, if that's what a lady wants to do, and if/when it's ever made legal in most of the country, go for it. A lot of women sleep with several men, they may as well get paid for it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:17 AM on May. 15, 2010

• If a woman I don't know chooses to strip, pose naked, do porn, it doesn't hurt me at all. I really don't care if my hubby goes to that strip bar, looks at that magazine, or watch that porn video. If he gets all excited and aroused by the sight of a naked woman I get the benefit of it. It doesn't make my hubby think I or every other woman is a slut, it doesn't make him think those women are sluts. It makes him think they are doing their job. It's not a job I could do, but they probably couldn't do my job either.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:31 AM on May. 15, 2010

• OP- I see the mainstreaming of these "jobs" as playing a part in the very early sexualizationing of young girls. I was watching an interview with Dr. Drew Pinsky,and he was saying that he's seeing young women giving into their SO's every want because the guys see it in porn and think that is normal and the way you are suppose to have sex. These women are afraid to say no and have their guy get it from someone else. You can't tell me that guys don't see these women as objects. Do you think that if your guy saw an erotic dancer,say,in Walmart one day,that he could see her just as another woman shopping,and not as an object he used to get off with? He sees her as an object,because in his mind he figures,if she'll take her clothes off and grind it in my face,she'd do me and any other guy that came along. Similar to the school slut. She did him,she'll do me. No respect there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on May. 15, 2010

• OP those things do nothing. Think about it OK you are stripping OK just taking clothes off. You are not the one who should feel bad it;'s the guy who paying you to do it when he has a wife and kids at home waiting for him. I do also think once a woman becomes a mother she should stop because it is not a prideful job. I know someone who has 2 DDs and is one of those strippers who isn't in the clubs she like goes to parties and strips and does the most horrible pin ups and she is like the girls who is on the guys arm because he pays her. I think it is degrading and would never do it and I hope her DDs do not see the pix on her FB!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:06 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I COMPLETLEY AGREE WITH YOU. im sick of women getting degraded and disrespected like they are pieces of meat just for money. im sick of the women who let there husband watch porn, act like women are pieces of meat. WE ARE NOT PIECES OF MEAT, AND I REFUSE TO NOT BE RESPECTED. i agree with everything you have said.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:36 PM on May. 15, 2010

• I don't think it has anything to do with women's lib. I just think it makes the individual woman look like an idiotic, low-class piece of trash.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with Anon @ 1:22pm. I feel the same way. I bought a house last year and we just found out the neighbor is a stripper by night. Last week her 6 year old told MY 6 year old that she was going to tell her about "Dirty Nasty SEX!" at school and the principal notified me of it. I cannot even bare to stop and look at her now, regardless of let my daughter play with hers. All I can think of is what a low-class piece of work she must be and I feel sorry for the example she is setting for her daughter who is CLEARLY picking up on some very NAUGHTY adult talk.
    Sure, this may make me judgmental, but frankly I don't care.
    Anonymous