Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chalk

i found my 7 month old chewing on a piece of chalk..the big chalk you use outside..her cousins were playing with it and she got ahold of a piece..

will the chalk hurt her?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (3)
  • From wikipedia: "Most of the chalk available in the US is certainly manufactured to be non-toxic and in some cases even hypo-allergenic. The liability is too great for the producer not to insure that it is safe to be around children. "

    FYI, anytime you are worried about things like this call the national poison control hotline. Their experts are better at this than we moms or googling things: 1800 222 1222. KEEP THIS NUMBER BY THE PHONE!!!

    kjrn79

    Answer by kjrn79 at 11:17 AM on May. 15, 2010

  • Oh thank you!..i put that number in my phone for future reference

    it is crayola chalk so im sure its non-toxic..just a worried first time mom!!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 15, 2010

  • k. that was the best answer I have ever read...kjrn79...go girl!
    LisaG777

    Answer by LisaG777 at 11:23 AM on May. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN