I love sleeping in... but the mess!

I love sleeping in. I'm lucky enough that it happens maybe once a month or so. My husband was awesome this morning, and let me sleep until close to 11am... but WOW! You should have seen the house and the kid when I woke up! :-O The baby was covered in boogers and food, wearing only a really swelled up wet diaper and her pajama shirt, and her toys completely covered the floor! Does anyone else have a good-hearted hubby who lets them sleep in (or watches the kids so you can have alone time), but who just doesn't do things the same way in your absence? (I guess it makes me feel needed, in a sense!) This is just for fun, don't be rude! ;-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• So true. If I'm going out for the day I usually just ask my hubby to have fun with the boy but occasionally I'll tack on something like taking the trash down or unloading the dishwasher. It never gets done, he always tells me how impossible it is to do anything with a kid underfoot. I don't begrudge them their fun time, I know they spend the time playing and drawing and what not, but it's either very irritating or very amusing (depending on my mood) to hear about how hard it is to do things with a kid. I wonder how I manage every day? ;-)
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:24 PM on May. 15, 2010

• Oh i feel ya. I have the sweetest hubby in the world. He tries but just doesn't have the rythmn I guess. :) If I do an evening aerobics class I come back and find the exact scenario you just described!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 15, 2010

• You have a considerate dh. You are truly blessed. The helping out and keeping the house clean part can be learned along the way, but selflessness is hard to come by. What a wonderful man.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 11:50 AM on May. 15, 2010

• OP here - I know! He is pretty great! I just have to laugh at the crusty boogers, the face slime, and the soggy diaper!! :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 15, 2010

• Everything but the diaper is funny. The kid can get a bad diaper rash and I bet if you said that to Dh or even changed the baby and went back to bed it would be fine. I wish i had a SO like that!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:08 PM on May. 15, 2010

• My dh is like that! Aren't we lucky :D

Yeah, I have found what you described more than once. So now when he gets up and I stay in bed, as he is leaving the bedroom I say, can you change the baby. And he does.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:31 PM on May. 15, 2010